Monday, August 3, 2009

We Did It! We officially started our adoption! (OK, again..but this time for sure!)

Photobucket
... and here are her legs! Actually, they were probably her legs when she was three years old. The medical report I have seen is from 2008 when she was three, and her photos also look like a 3 y.o. She's 4 now, turning 5 at the end of October. She is about 6 months younger than the boys. We were always looking for a 3 or 4 year old, and I guess she technically is, but she will be 5 by the time we bring her home.

We are so excited! We have to begin our homestudy, and the agency has her on hold for us as we get the paperwork together. The first things we have to do is fill out an application for China, write a Letter of Intent (LOI) and send a family picture. From these items, China will determine if we are acceptable, and then they send us a Pre-Approval (PA). Once we get the PA, then I will be able to post her actual photo for y'all to see.
After we get our PA I will also be able to talk about her special need (SN). It's not one that we are worried about, and in most ways she's a perfectly healthy little girl, who just needs a family to love her. That's gonna be us.... ! We have also selected a name for her (we think) and I will share that then as well.
Since my older posts listed some other agencies we were thinking about during this whole "researching adoption" process. Here is the one we ARE
using, for sure this time...
AAC adoption and family network, located in Colorado. They have their own list given to them by the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs), that is separate from the shared list that I have mentioned in a previous post. That's where I found my girl. Pray for us that everything works out and she is the one meant for our family.

Some major new beginnings are going on around here, maybe that means we have some good energy flowing............ ................... ................. ................

Just to throw in a spiritual nudge here... if you notice, the acronym for our adoption agency is AAC. If you go to my very first post, where I discuss the first adoption agency that we considered, their acronym is also AAC. If you are reading my blog, because you are interested in adoption and have already begun your research or processing, then you know that most agencies have individual acronyms which they do not share with other agencies. Is it a coincidence that of ALL the adoption agencies in America that I choose two with the same acronym? Or were my angels whispering in my ear the whole time about where I should go to find my daughter, and I misheard/misread the signals, until now? You decide...

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1)

No comments:

Post a Comment

GUESTBOOK. Please Sign In.